Re: Securing bind..

<quote who="P Prince">

> This is crazy.  Anytime you change software packages, you must
> rewrite your configuration.  And, if you or anyone you know manages
> thousands of domains, I'll mail you a crisp, clean 20 dollar bill.
> (In order to be eligible, you must provide the name of your
> employer, so that I can avoid their service.)

even if you don't change software packages you may have
to rewrite the config. i remember now when bind 8.2.3
or 8.3.2 or whatever came out about 2 years ago and they
started enforcing a new configuration change, was it
the $TTL at the top of the zone file? argh it caused
so many problems. i would not expect such a change
to be required in such a minor revision of the software.
i know it broke several dozen of my domains for
about a week while i tried to track down what was
wrong with it. and i think the kicker to upgrade
was a security problem in the previous version
so i rushed to upgrade, only to later find it
break almost everything :(

besides that though, bind has been pretty good to me.
it can be a chore to setup securely though.(at least
under debian 2.2)

nate