Re: nvidia driver and refresh rate

Am?rico Rocha, 2001-Dec-29 20:33 +0000:

> Hi all
>
> I just compiled the latest nvidia driver and the lastest nvidia_glx.
>
> I could get all of it to work, except for a detail, wich is very
> important: the refresh rate.
>
> These driveres work perfectly and provide 3D acceleration , but when i use a
> higher resolution, let's say 1024x768, the monitor starts flickering, announcing a fallback to the default refresh rate of 60 Hz. Can't these drivers support higher refresh rates at higher resolutions ? Is there any option i must use somewhere in the XF86Config file ?
>
> TIA

I assume the drivers you compiled are the vendor-provided ones,
which means they are for xfree86.  xfree86 uses the config file
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 so you'll need to edit this file.  The high
refresh rates are supported, just make sure you have the correct
rates for you monitor at each resolution.

hope this helps,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer