nvidia driver and refresh rate

Hi all

I just compiled the latest nvidia driver and the lastest nvidia_glx.

I could get all of it to work, except for a detail, wich is very
important: the refresh rate.

These driveres work perfectly and provide 3D acceleration , but when i use a
higher resolution, let's say 1024x768, the monitor starts flickering, announcing a fallback to the default refresh rate of 60 Hz. Can't these drivers support higher refresh rates at higher resolutions ? Is there any option i must use somewhere in the XF86Config file ?

TIA

...there is no place like ~
              Américo Rocha
    astartoth@linuxkafe.net