Re: Mounting floppy. Newbie #61

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 09:34:35AM +0200, Ian Balchin wrote:
| OK, Pietro, Martin,
|
| I use console mode, but always shut down via 'poweroff'. I likely removed
| the disc and put it safely in its box before not doing a sync or umount.
|
| I could not have done it more wrong! lesson learnt.
|
| Whatever.... that floppy can still not be mounted

It is likely that part of it was updated before you removed it, but
not all of it.  As a result it is halfway in between 2 valid states,
and as such does not contain a valid filesystem.  Put the disk in and
    mkfs -t vfat /dev/fd0
to format it.  Obviously that will destroy any data that is currently
on it, but it seems as though you can't get to it anyways.

-D

--

the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.