Mounting floppy. Newbie #61

Hi,

I did a fresh install over the Xmas break.

Prior to this I saved all the various conf files to a floppy.

Now I cannot mount the floppy

# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy
# mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /floppy
# mount -t auto /dev/fdo /floppy
# mount /dev/fd0

I am away from the machine at present, so excuse my syntax from memory,
but notices relect such things as cannot find msdos file table, blocks
........ lots of verbage, but no mounting.

I assume the disk has died. Is there anything that I should try.

I note that when you copy a file to /floppy it seems to be incredibly
quick.  Is it in fact written to the floppy at the same time as it
appears on /floppy ?

Thanks and all the best for 2002
Ian

    Ian Balchin