Matrox G550 32MB under Woody

Hi all,

I just bought myself a Matrox G550 (as G400 & G450 no longer seems to be
available). It has Linux support ofcourse, but I cannot seem to make X work
in any
higher resolutions than VGA (640x480) and SVGA (320x200)!!? XFree86 (tried
stable, testing and unstable as well) complains about missing chipset
entries and such... When specifying anything more than 8-bit color depth, it
tells me the chipset does not support this resolution. Obviosly it does not
recognize the card correctly, wondering how most people got it working? I'm
getting all sorts of errors and are at present really confused, so please
tell me the steps nessesary to make it work. For the moment I have windows
installed, but are
keen on getting Debian installed correctly, as I like it much better.

Thanks for any pointers/help you'd like to share!

Pontus