Re: Threading Mail

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 05:23:49PM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
| dman wrote:
| >
| > On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 04:21:53PM -0500, Brian Nelson wrote:
| >
| > | Not true!  I switched from mutt to gnus.  It's IMAP support was too weak
| > | for me,
| >
| > IMAP in mutt is actually somewhat controversial.  The author doesn't
| > really like it (mutt is _just_ a MUA), but there would be too much
|
|   isn't it even more important for it to be a IMAP client? any other way
| of working with email makes it a little bit more then MUA (or little bit
| more then is neccessary).

I don't get what you are saying here.  Mutt doesn't really need IMAP
since fetchmail already takes care of it.

|   mail storage - separate tool (IMAP)

Right -- fetchmail.  However, as I said, too many people would
complain too loudly if the current IMAP code in mutt was removed.

|   mail filtering - separate tool (sieve, procmail)

I don't see 'sieve' anywhere in "apt-cache search".  I did read the
RFC though.

|   unix philosophy... as long as they all work together...

Yep.

|   IMO mutt is already trying too be too many things at once (granted,
| they are all email related:-)

Which things (aside from POP and IMAP)?

-D

--

How to shoot yourself in the foot with Java:

You find that Microsoft and Sun have released imcompatible class
libraries both implementing Gun objects. You then find that although
there are plenty of feet objects implemented in the past in many other
languages, you cannot get access to one. But seeing as Java is so cool,
you dont care and go around shooting anything else you can find.
    (written by Mark Hammond)