Re: Threading Mail

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 02:09:24PM -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
| I ran apt-get install mutt in hopes of setting up a mail box with
| threading for this list.  There does not seem to be any POP3 connection
| in the application as downloaded.  Any suggestions?

www.mutt.org

There is a good manual there (or 'man muttrc' for just the reference
section).  You need to set pop_host, pop_user, and pop_pass (or
something like that).

I recommend just using fetchmail intstead and having exim or procmail
sort the mail into folders for you.  The advantage of using
fetchmail+exim/procmail is that you can switch mailers all you want
and are not dependent on a given mailer's POP/IMAP and filter/sort
capabilities.  All they need is the ability to read a local folder.

Also note the "set sort=threads" option.

I highly recommend mutt, it's what I use :-).

-D

--

"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and
impossible to accomplish complex actions."