Re: Threading Mail

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 09:58:11PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2001.12.26.2100 +0100]:
| > I recommend just using fetchmail intstead and having exim or procmail
| > sort the mail into folders for you.  The advantage of using
| > fetchmail+exim/procmail is that you can switch mailers all you want
| > and are not dependent on a given mailer's POP/IMAP and filter/sort
| > capabilities.  All they need is the ability to read a local folder.
|
| yes, but you also need to learn a lot more software. while mutt
| already has quite a learning curve, fetchmail may be easy, exim
| moderate, but procmail (especially the debugging) can be quite a drag.
| easier if you can just rely on mutt...

Well, fetchmail is easy enough -- you just write down what your
mail account information is.  exim can be used in place of procmail
(I'm using it now) as it has filter capability.  Have you gotten mutt
to automatically put list mail in its own folder?

-D

--

He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear
is that you do not belong to God.