Re: Email client programs

Vaughan, Curtis wrote:

> I am wondering what other Debian Users recommend for an email client
> program.
>
> First, let me state the needs of our company.  We are currently very MS
> based at present.  The goal has been set to slowly move over to Linux.
> Debian has been chosen, as it is the most stable that I am aware of.  Of
> course, I don't know a hell of a lot yet.

[...]

> I have tried out a number of email client programs, but am not satisfied by
> any one of them.  I have tried out, KMail, Evolution, Netscape and Mozilla,
> oh and the email client program with StarOffice.  Each one has something
> good about it, but none of them are as good as Outlook.  One of the big
> problems might be the fact that I don't know how to configure them, of
> course.

Take a look at Sylpheed. Its main window is quite similar to Outlook Express,
and I have found that Outlook/OE users find it an easy transition.

> One of the big problems is that people will need to read and send mail in
> English and Russian.  I'm trying to recall, but I don't think I could get
> StarOffice and KMail to permit Russian.  Actually I could write in Russian
> in KMail provided I opened a letter that was already in Russian and composed
> my letter in that letter.  Understand?

Hmm. I have never needed to use a different language, but as Sylpheed's
principal developer is Japanese, I suspect it handles language issues
better than most.

Craig