Re: Where do you RTFM ?

"Karsten M. Self" wrote:
> The problem isn't just vi, though.  _Most_ Unix commands are based on
> mnemonic, consonant-heavy, abbreviations:  ls, cd, rm, mv, ll, who, vi,
> ps, mutt, df....  Most of these are balanced between left and right
> hands, leading to good natural rhythems, many are based on home-row
> keys, etc.  Two of the most annoying Dvorak keytrokes are 'ls' (both
> right pinky) and 'cd' (right middle top row, right index home left
> reach).  It sounds trivial, but you end up typing these repeatedly, and
> the motor memory is hard to break.

  alias the party spoilers! even without funny keyboard layout problem I
usually have l aliased to my favourite ls -??? considering there are not
many (none?) one letter common unix programs you have 26 shortest
possible command names for your ergonomic needs (YOU already know that
but I guess it might be helpful to some other members of the list,
there's a solution for almost any problem)

	erik