Re: Where do you RTFM ?

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 03:07:41PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I ***DESPISE*** info.  The pinfo alternative helps somewhat, but the
> basic concept still sucks.  It should be scrapped for a searchable
> format based on HTML, XHTML, or preferably something like DocBook
> capable of creating multiple output formats.

I don't get this, just as I don't understand people bashing Stallman.
What is it in the program that is so horrible to ***DESPISE*** it?

It *is* searchable from within info, it *has* several output formats
as it is LaTeX based. And the basic concept seems valid.

Okee, the interface is not to everybodies likening:), so improve.
Okee, the translation into other formats has its problems:), so improve.
But the search works for me, and the idea that there is more to documenting
a program then merely listing what options it has seems okee.  And going
through a tree like doc structure is quit common these days.

So what is it that makes you (and others) react so vehemently?

--
groetjes, carel