Re: Sending faxes with efax as a normal user

Neilen> The permissions on /var/lock are:

Neilen> drwxr-xr-t 3 root root 1024 Dec 21 17:18 /var/lock/

Neilen> so, users should not be allowed to write. I assume its this
Neilen> way for a reason.

On my system, I have this:
ggeens@andor:/home$ ls -ld /var/lock
drwxrwxrwt    5 root     root          120 Dec 25 18:20 /var/lock

This allows everyone to create lockfiles, but a user may only delete
files owned by themselves.

AFAIK, this is the default setting. I don't know why your system is
different.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>