Re: Where do you RTFM ?

On 24 Dec 2001, Gary Turner wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:07:41 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> >on Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 06:37:25PM +0100, Martin Emrich (debianml@emmes-world.de) wrote:
> >> Hi All !
> >>
> >> When newbies ask something, they are often asked to RTFM...
> >
> >I consider this acceptable only IITTNTRFMTFR [1]
> >
> Thanks, Karsten.  When I query the list, it's because I couldn't find
> the answer in the manual nor in the 8 or 10 books on my desk.  Worse, I
> found the answer when I didn't need it and can't find it when I do.

[snip]

I've often had this problem. I therefore keep a file called tips, in
which I store useful-looking hints and answers posted here and elsewhere
relevant to me, they quite often  become so later.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]