Re: Where do you RTFM ?

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:07:41 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

>on Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 06:37:25PM +0100, Martin Emrich (debianml@emmes-world.de) wrote:
>> Hi All !
>>
>> When newbies ask something, they are often asked to RTFM...
>
>I consider this acceptable only IITTNTRFMTFR [1]

Thanks, Karsten.  When I query the list, it's because I couldn't find
the answer in the manual nor in the 8 or 10 books on my desk.  Worse, I
found the answer when I didn't need it and can't find it when I do.

We newbies often need a pointer to guide us.  RTFM is not a pointer.
RTPM, Read This Particular Manual, is.

I do not address the case of the freeloader who has not made any effort
in his own cause.

<snip>

>Peace.

>Notes:
>
>1.  If it tells the newbie the right fucking manual to fucking read.

Now off to Mom'n them's for xmas eve dinner.  My best wishes to
everyone.

gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash