Re: Where do you RTFM ?

On Monday 24 December 2001 12:37, Martin Emrich wrote:
> Hi All !
>
> When newbies ask something, they are often asked to RTFM...
>
> But where do I find the Information ? Very often, neiter #man
> foo nor the contents of the /usr/doc/foo are very helpful.
> Where is aditional documentation usually installed ? Or do you
> know a good "getting-documentation-howto" ? (maybe even
> something in german.. would be nice)
>
> Thx
>
> Martin
>
> PS: Merry Christmas to all of you !

Try
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/general/help-system.en.html

I need to update that but it will get you started.

There is a package available called newbiedoc but I believe it's
only available in testing.

If you're running stable take a look at the dhelp and dwww
packages which are available in stable.  Or just do:
apt-get install dhelp dwww

After you install these packages you may wish to put your
browser start page as (or create a bookmark):
file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html

which is the index to dhelp.  I had to do this because just
typing dhelp at the command line didn't work.  I believe there
is a missing symlink or something.

Just type dwww at the command line to get dwww.

HTH,
Jesse