errors

Title: modprobe : modprobe : Can't locate module char-major-10-135

Dear members ,

   After editing /etc/defaults/rcS to disable UTC , and , after

Installing postgresql and mysql on my Debian Potato r3 box , and all that these installations entail (I mean dependencies) ,

Upon restart I get the following kind of error :

“ modprobe : modprobe : Can't locate module char-major-10-135 “

This error message at init , is followed up by a new font size , on the VT-s ,

- a more rounded and slightly larger fonts !

Could somebody guide me as to what this means , and how I can get over this .

I have mentioned the sequence of events , as they might help , even though , I

Personally do not think so.

I have a second question : I use a Logitech 3 button mouse on a serial port ,type presumably is mman ,and the bottom of the mouse gives "M-M35".

Once in a blue moon , I do get the mouse-services (gpm)on the console , but now ,

it has been 5 or 6 boots since I have seen the mouse activity at the Virtual Terminals . mcedit /etc/gpm.conf does give the right info .

Wish you all a Bright and Prosperous New Year.

Warm Regards ,

(shyamk@eth.net)

Shyam Kumar