need advice pls, the best cdwriter using with Linux

Hi,

My friend has a 8x4x32 Acer CD-Writer and I got a lot
of trouble with the quality of recording, not for sure
what is the reason. cdrecord informs that everything
is ok but after that the newly created cd can not be
mount ; no medium found, and using another cd drive is
the same. Sometimes it is ok sometimes not (almost
50%). It is worse under windows 98 and cd-easy creator
...)

I suspect the hardware or the disk, mostly I burnt
using the cheap Sanyo CD-R 80min/700MB disk (the
surface is light green, not gold color like gold
ultima type).

any one knows of the reason ? And I am going to buy a
cd-writer for my self too then I need an advice for
the type of cd-writer and the disk I should use.

Thanks in advance

=====
S.KIEU

http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!