Re: which latest kernel to use ?

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 19:50:45 +0100
Gerald Richter <richter@oehtb.at> wrote:

> Hello to all!
>
> Im currentlc tryin to get my XPert 2000 pro card to work on my woody...
> In the process I'm at a point, where I suspect, that I got to get the
> right Kernel with DRI compiled in ... if there is something like this
> option... I'm rather exhausted because of all the many things I've tried
> already.
> So: which kernel to use ? 2.4.16 fine ? -or should I pick an older one ?

Kernel 2.4.16 is working fine with my XPert 2000 (also have used rage 128 pro)
but older kernels work too.
Make sure you have at least XFree86 4 (i am using 4.1) .

The XF86Config file is the tricky part. For the rage 128_pro i needed  a  line
under the "Device" section to get X to boot:
ChipId    0x5246