Problems Installing on PowerPC Performa 6400/200

I am new to linux, so excuse any stupid, and obvious questions. I have downloaded all three of the Debian for PowerPC CD's, version 2.2, potato. either i made my cd's wrong, or something else, but i cannot boot off the CD. when i start up the machine, and hold down C, nothing happens differently. it just finds the hard disk and continues to load. i know the machine can boot off a cd, because i have booted it off the OS 8.5 Disk in the same manner. I have tried to make floppy disk images, but i am not sure i am doing it right. when i start up the computer, it finds the floppy, and the little penguin appears in place of the smiling computer. after it reads the disk for awhile, the screen turns black, and the penguin is still there. It then ejects the disk, when i wait, it reboots into the mac os. i have tried putting in the other disk at that time and that doesn't work, nor does putting the first disk back in. I either have to force it to turn off, or just wait for it to time itself out again and reboot. Any idea's on how to get installation started, making floppy disks? I have lookded at the installation instructions on the debian web site, but i nedd some answers to know that my machine is compatible!

Do You Yahoo!?
Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.