Re: Iptables scripts

On Saturday 22 December 2001 00:50, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Daniel Toffetti(dtoffe@softhome.net) is reported to have said:
> > Hi all !
> >
> > I need to set up some simple (to start with) iptables rules for
> > masquerading and port forwarding. I guess I need to write some init
> > script, put it in /etc/init.d/ and link it from some /etc/rcX.d/
> > Can somebody please point me to some specific documentation and
> > example scripts ??
>
> google, only if you want a whole bunch of examples.

I've seen some time ago a bunch of examples pretty well classified
according to intended functionality, but I couldn't find that site
anymore.

> or netfilter.samba.org
> if you want to go to the source of iptables and read the howto's to
> really understand what you are doing.

I did already, I don't deal with these issues daily so I learn more
slowly than other users. I need to learn not only iptables but also
boot sequence, init scripts and so on. This is why I look for more
detailed and commented examples.

> Please format your text to 72 or less columns.

I've configured KMail to wrap text at 72 chars long time ago following
the suggestion of Mr. Karsten Self. I don't know what happened to this
message but I moved it from draft to outbox a couple times, I guess
perhaps there is some bug someplace there.

Daniel
--
"There is no spoon..." - The Matrix