Re: ppp daemon dies Newbie #61

hi
> really wanted to use wvdial - not sure why, probably ease of configuration and

u can try with basic ppp dialing methods , ie dial using minicom,kermit.., and
set the correct variable values to the modem and save it to the modem.
(learn the embedded modem commands)
( u should read Modem-HOWTO. for doing this). find out whether the problem
being is modem.

> anticipation of less problems
i think the pppconfig is the ultimate one.

> 1.	I will do a reinstall from the CD paying careful attention to any entries
> that I make.   I must assume that the email system is unlikely to be up and

backup the current config and compare the new with old.

Have a Happy and Holy Christmas and a Smooth New Year

-jijo jose