Re: installing Woody on new box - best way to go about it?

Rachel Andrew wrote:
> I have a CD with Potato on it, given that I am on a single band ISDN
> dial-up here am I best to install Potato and upgrade or is there
> somewhere I can download a CD image of Woody? (If so I could get my
> other half to download that at work on their DSL)

Most of the Woody ISO's and install scripts are really buggy. If I were
you, I'd do a super-minimal Potato install, get networking up, edit
apt-sources, and upgrade to Woody, install packages as needed.

> Is KDE 2.2 still only available in Sid? I have done this process
> before so I can get the packages from 2 places, however if it has made
> it into Woody then I needn't bother.

KDE 2.2.1 for the most part is in Woody. Kmail in Woody is unfortunately
still the 2.1 version, and thus does not support IMAP. ARG! I'm waiting
to be able to replace Netscape mail with KMail, as I don't use Netscape
for browsing any more... Konq is good enough for me.

--Aaron