Re: mutt saving maillists automatically

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 01:47:01PM +0100, David Flatz wrote:
> I want mutt to save my mailinglists automatically into a specific
> mailbox.
> I managed to get the maillists name with the subscribe command and i
> changed the format of the index to see it. But i don't know anything in
> .muttrc to get mutt saving the mails to the right mailbox.

Let procmail do it.  I use the following recipe for debian lists:

 # Debian lists ...
 :0
 Mail/$MATCH/

All my mail folders are subdirs of "Mail"; mail from this list goes in
the "debian-user" folder, debian-devel goes to "debian-devel", etc.

Before you reply and say "but how do I use procmail", man procmailrc,
man procmailex, and search the archives for this list: there are
several posts each month regarding procmail.

Good luck!

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.