Re: floppy mounted on diferent uid

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 12:10:41AM +0000, J.A.Serralheiro wrote:
| Hi! Its been a while I'm having a small problem. Every time I mount a
| floppy using my usual username account, the floopy directory uid is set to
| a diferent uid. In this case, my sister's uid. The problem is that I cant
| mout/unmount, but cant write to the floppy. When I format it with ext2,
| using mkfs, the problem seems to go away, but latter returns. I have seen
| this problem somewhere else, also using debian, but I wasnt told how to
| fix it.

I believe the problem is that you are using ext2 as the format, and
your sister (or someone using her uid) wrote the file.  Then you are
trying to use your uid to read it.  This is the downside to ext2 on
removable media.  As for a solution, perhaps minix or vfat?

-D

--

The Lord detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.