Re: fixing libc5-based compiler

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:58:07PM -0500, Steven Butterworth wrote:

> I am attempting to get an old (circa 1996) Absoft F77/F90 compiler running
> under Debian Woody/Sid. I have installed the libc5, xlib6 and alt-gcc
> packages. The Absoft f77 compiler runs, as does the Motif front-end to the
> debugger; so I think the run-time aspect of things is working fine.
>
> My problem is that attempts to generate binaries from Absoft f77 fail.
>
> <stuff elided>
>
> Does anybody know what I am doing wrong? Is there an alternate binutils
> as well that I haven't found? Do I need to play some games with ld.so.conf
> or LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

I don't know how useful this will be to anybody else, but I've found
the problem. I needed libc5-altdev to compile libc5 programs. Everything
works great now.

--
Steve Butterworth		 | Sometimes a man who deserves to be looked
Stirling 356, Queen's University | down upon because he is a fool is despised