Re: How do you mirror?

hi ya keith

on your mirror/destination... via cron
	#
	# copy stuff from teh master to this backup server
	#
	rync  --delete  master::/home /backup_dir

try it... create   xxx.to_be_deleted.txt  on Master and see it
get mirrored... and than delete it....
	- do these tests for home.test directory...

if Master cannot mount mirror:/backup_dir  than root
cannot accidently rm -rf /  and remove the backup

backing xxxGb is not an issue .. across 100Mbps...
but if you are doing it across "the internet"...  dont try it..
too slow and data is susceptible to be sniffed

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Backup.net ... 1U Raid5 ... up to 8x 200Gb Each ...

copy machines on engineering to   office-admin bldg..

copy manufacturing machines to  payroll ...etc ..
put the backup in a different bldg... across a private 100Mbps ethernet
or fiber between teh bldgs if you already have it that way