Re: How do you mirror?

<quote who="Keith OConnell">
> Hi,
>
> I want to mirror one disk on one machine on to another disk on
> another machine, but I am at a loss for the best way to do it. It
> is for backup purposes and I intend to have the mirroring done each
> morning at about 4am
>
> I have been using rsync, but that coppies the changes on the main
> disk onto the backup disk, but seems not to be able to remove from
> the backup anything that has been removed from the main disk, so
> after a period of time the backup disk overflows with old, unwanted
> stuff.

i use rsync too. and it can delete fine if you give
it the right option. the options i use are:
-e ssh -av --delete --numeric-ids

i wrote a custom script for my company for rsync
backups, we backup about 20 systems nightly with
it and rsync that data to remote backup servers
weekly. software wise it has worked good..hope
i get time to rewrite the script soon..

nate