Re: kernel problem

<quote who="philip baratta">
> I have been trying to set up a usb scanner under debian. To that
>
> net/network.o(.data+0x57c4): undefined reference to
> `sysctl_ipx_pprop_broadcasti
> ng'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

while i haven't used 2.4.x yet the troubleshooting
i'd use would be about the same. from the looks of
the error i would guess that something is enabled
in the kernel that depends upon IPX support but
IPX support is not turned on.

my first move would be either to turn on IPX
support, or try to track down the networking
option that is enabled that wants IPX support.

nate