Re: What's a debian kid look like?

Demographic, Employment and Education:
Single White male, 25, U.S., Almost done with my Biomedical Sciences
Ph.D.  I sell my body to science regularly for in house Medical studies
most people fear to make ends meet.  Been hacking since grade school.

Leisure:
Music taste runs from hardcore punk and blues, experimental, ambient and
postrock with a healthy dose of electronic.  Used to work volunteer
security at 924 Gilman Street when I was at U.C. Berkeley.  I enjoy
Sci-Fi, mind screw movies (Fight Club) and can't stand "popular" or mass
marketed anything (including people).  Love my stereo and home theater.
Used to be an avid mudder (Dartmud).

Computer experience:
SQL, PHP, Javascript, HTML, shell scripting and whatever else it takes
to get the job done.  Mostly SysAdmin style, Jack of all
trades/Troubleshooter user.  So far over the last 4 years I've built
firewalls, supercomputers, database driven web servers and many
workstations, all Debian and with relative ease.  I do all this in my
"spare" non thesis productive time.

Politics:
Libertarian/Anarchist (I'm not a true anarchist, corporations are held
to a very strict set of rules and oversight in my ideal world).  I think
the U.S. and the rest of the World is going the wrong direction with
things like the DCMA and SSSCA.  Coding is not a crime to paraphrase an
old skateboarding slogan.  Hope to one day either lobby for or be
elected by techno savy constituents to fight for personal, privacy and
digital rights over corporate excess and greed.

Religion and Outlook on life:
Athiest, Agnostic.  Brutaly honest, Pragmatist.  Bitter, Jaded, Realist.

Hobbies:
I play the Didjeridu.  I also homebrew, handload, pistol shoot, practice
Okinawan Karate and Kobudo, do weight lifting and play rugby.

--mike