Re: kernel problem

philip baratta wrote:

> I have been trying to set up a usb scanner under debian. To that
> end I have been following the Linux USB Scanner mini-howto.
>
> I have obtained the 2.4.3 kernel, added the indicated options
> under USB support. However, when I try to make zImage, the last
> few lines of the output are:
>
> net/network.o(.data+0x57c4): undefined reference to
> `sysctl_ipx_pprop_broadcasti
> ng'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

It has been suggested that I downgrage binutils if I am running
woody, but I am running potato.

I next tried:

#make-kpkg clean
#fakeroot make-kpkg --revision=usb.1.0 \ kernel_image

after many screens, the last few lines were:

lippo/linux/arch/i386/lib/lib.a \
        --end-group \
        -o vmlinux
net/network.o(.data+0x57c4): undefined reference to
`sysctl_ipx_pprop_broadcasti
ng'
make[1]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lippo/linux'
make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2

I would like some help understanding this.

tia

philip baratta