Re: Fish swimming over my Desktop and ... system locked ?!?

Craig Dickson wrote:

Martin Emrich wrote:

I was writing some tex file in emacs, and suddenly, a little blue Fish swam over my Display (no, I dont work underwater ;)
It looked similar to the one in this Fish-Applet for GNOME Panel.

Sounds like the GNOME panel's easter egg.

Ok. Now that I know what it is, it's funny. (You should have seen my friend's eyes when I said "Guck mal ! Da schwimmt 'n Fisch über meinen Bildschirm !" (="look, there's a fish swimming across my screen" :-)))
If the rest did not happen (>20 fsck errors...)

After it stopped halfway between the upper-left corner and the center of the Screen, my system hang. Only the mouse was moveable, but no Keyboard Functions worked (no CTRL-ALT-F1, no CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE, no CTRL-ALT-DELETE). As I was not at home, I had no other computer available to telnet, so I was forced to push the "reboot-and-do-fsck" button...

Nasty. I've never heard of the easter egg causing that. Most likely some
other problem that just happened to crop up as the fish was swimming by.

Craig

Is ist possible t deactivate it ? (Maybe I should ask the easter bunny ?!?)

Merry Cristmas (and happy Easter...)

Martin