Re: Any way to automate checking a package's MD5sum?

It's also useful to note that the "debsums" utility will check every
file on you filesystem against the md5sums listed in packages.  While it
can't be relied on 100% for security (since the md5's can be mod'd if
you get cracked.),  it's a nice additional feature.