Re: Mouse trouble in X using a KVM switch

On 12/17/01 10:14:44 -0600, Kent West wrote:

Thanks for the reply Kent.

> This isn't a solution, but it might be a work-around.
>
> Try "apt-get install gpm" (and if necessary "gpmconfig") to set up gpm.
> Change your XF86Config-4 file to:
>    Option    "Device"  "/dev/gpmdata"
>
> Then when your mouse dies, you can probably just restart gpm
> ("/etc/init.d/gpm restart") without having to restart X.

I'll give it a shot. I just noticed something though. When I swithed
to my Linux box, I didn't immediately grab the mouse and start
clicking. I let it sit for about 5 seconds and then tried to use it.
It seems to be working okay right now, and that's after nearly 18
hours of not being used. Maybe I just need a little patience.

I'll continue my experiment, but if it seems like the rodent is going
to get out of hand again, I'll give gpm a go.

Thanks again!

--
  Mark Wagnon <markwagnon@yahoo.com>