Re: File Transfers

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 10:50:10PM -0500, Seneca Cunningham wrote:

> But enough about the tight budget of a student. The Debian computer happens
> to use PCMCIA cards, unlike the connected computer, a Windows98 machine,
> with a built in ethernet port, that I am not allowed to alter in any way,
> shape, or form (although I was sorely tempted when Windows zapped its own
> ability to startup).

Does the Windows box have a modem?  Does your Debian laptop have one?
I've done modem-to-modem file transfers before.  Okay, this was so
long ago they were both running MS DOS 3.3, but it should still work.

Can you *borrow* two external modems for a few weeks?  Lots of people
(e.g. me) have modems we rarely or never use, because we have
broadband now.
--
Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming