Re: Newbie comments & queries

"Ian Balchin" <fables@imaginet.co.za> writes:

> I need to get diald out of the system.  I suppose that I can remove it
> from init.d but would I not also have to remove the entry from each of
> the rc[0-6S] files as well?  Since update does an addition to these
> files (as used with the numlock script), is there an automated removal
> sequence as well?

Ian, I'm following this with great interest though missed the earlier
posts!

One of the nicest surprises when I first started on Debian was the
command "update-rc.d" which removes and inserts items in your init-files.
Do "man update-rc.d" for more information.

Glyn

               *          Here we are then.......               *
               * http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk *