Re: pcmcia partial troubles

In article <[🔎] 20011214113203.A2135@dada.it>,
Vittorio  <vdemart@supereva.it> wrote:
>BUT..  I downloaded from D-Link support site a revised
>pcmcia-cs-3.1.15r3.tgz file in which is included the needed module for
>my pcmcia card: tulip_cb.c (in the documentation is written that it
>requires 2.0,2.2,2.3 kernels, no word about 2.4).
>
>What should I do next?

Well, you could do what I did. I simply removed the entire pcmcia
stuff from the laptop here at work, including the cardmgr etc
and just installed a 2.4 kernel with cardbus support, and the
new "hotplug" package from woody.

As long as you only have 32 bits cards you don't need the pcmcia
package, 2.4 has cardservices built in.

And the standard tulip driver should work fine with your dlink card.

Mike.
--
Deadlock, n.:
        Deceased rastaman.