Re: AGP speed?

<quote who="Stan Brown">

> What's the story hrere? Do I need to tweak some config file to get
> this utilized? Both in X, and in frambuffer, are of interest to me
>
> The card's are Radeon LE's, if it matters.

first, track down the drivers and see if they support 4X mode.
not all of the drivers do. nvidia drivers have special config
options for AGP(i just use defaults). some drivers you
have to boot the kernel with mem=<total ram> - <ram you
want to use for AGP>

If you don't NEED AGP 4x(i can't see why most people would..it's
a waste), then the card should work fine in AGP 1x or AGP 2x.
you should not have to do anything special to make it work,
though you may have to do special things to take advantage of
AGP 4x. best place to start is driver documentation. also
be aware of bugs in the chipsets. nvidia (again, i haven't
use ATI cards recently) disable AGP support on many VIA
chipsets by default because of known bugs in the chipsets
(it's usually overridable but can cause crashes).

on one system i have with a Geforce 2 MX 64MB:
aphro@debian:/proc/nv$ cat card0