Powerchute APC software for potato

I managed to get this running under Mandrake by using the Redhat rpm, but
under potato I get the following error:

only packages with major numbers <= 3 are supported by this version of RPM
error: PowerChutePlus-4.5.3-1_RedHat.i386.rpm cannot be installed

I'm used to Powerchute and quite like it. Is there anyway of installing it
on potato? I tried compiling the Redhat sources but it complained of
binary incompatibility. I looked briefly at the apcupsd package, but it
doesn't seem to have a GUI.

Dougie