Re: How can i install woody?

> > Did you pass through the Network configuration part after selecting the
> > drivers? If the network is not configured it will not work.
> >
> > Michel.
> >
> > > Paul
>
> I think my problem was that I DID select drivers. I did select them because I know they
> are there and I will want to use them when/if the install happens. But, the install script
> ASSUMED that my access to the internet was via a route thru one of those drivers, and
> therefore never set up ppp. I know I was never asked for a phone number, etc. I have not
> checked out this theory. I have not had the time. But if it is true, it is, in my opinion,
> a flawed user interface. Yes, I made a mistake (maybe), but answering a question honestly
> should not cause an install to fail. Again, if this theory is true, an option of
> ppp-to-the-net should always be offered along with cdrom, fd0, nfs, etc.
>
> But maybe I don't understand.

You understand very-well. That's why woody is called testing :)
And yes I suppose that if you don t install the eth0 driver everything
will run smoothly, I didn t have the problem since I don t use ppp, eth0
and eth1 were installed correctly.
Other solution, run a shell (Alt-F2 or choose in the menu), set-up your
ppp-conection and your routes and again it will run smoothly.

Michel.