Re: How can i install woody?

* Paul E Condon (pecondon@quiknet.com) [Dec 09. 2001 01:25]:

> > > Wrong: ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/
>
> I just looked at this link. There are no base-x floppy images. I had noticed
> this a few days ago and thought they would soon appear. Now I wonder. Is one
> supposed to use the base-x disks from potato? (Yes, I am a newbie.)

I went through the exact same thing (and I was shocked the woody
base* images were not there, too). I just created the root and rescue
floppy for potato, wrote the base*.tgz (for potato) and the drivers.tgz
to a CD-R and installed potato. From there it's really easy to change
your sources.list to point to testing and do a apt-get -u dist-upgrade
(you may want to do apt-get -us dist-upgrade first to make sure
everything looks OK). I didn't run into too many problems with that
method.

--
 -Brian Clark