how to build woody drivers-1 to -4 floppies?

hello,
I have an unusual setup so I built my kernel to substitute the kernel from
the floppies (it has loop device, fat, etc... built in; -from the
documentation-); that part is ok.
however, it says to replace modules.tgz from drivers floppies;
how do I do that? just copy modules.tgz to a vfat floppy?
it isn't very clear...

thanks, dragos

PS I'm trying to install woody, using woody floppies on a i686 machine with
an unusual setup (hpt370 ide controller, the ide on the motherboard is
deactivated; the kernel I built is 2.4.14 from debian source)