Re: YMH OPL3-SA2 and ALSA. Comments?

* DvB (dvanbalen@jam.rr.com) spake thusly:
> Has anyone with a Yamaha opl2-sa2 or opl2-sa3 sound card been using the
> ALSA driver? If so, with what results?

i'm using the opl3-sa2 driver.  i've compiled them as modules, and it
works great.  i have *never* gotten alsa to work.  i've spent alot of
time on the alsa list discussing the issue, but the last message i
received regarding it was that i needed to file a bug report.  for
better or worse, i didn't pursue it any further, mainly because the
kernel modules worked so well.  (i was trying to set up alsa mainly for
my own curiosity.)

> In light of all the trouble I've been having with the current OSS driver
> (I finally got all the modules to load manually, but I still can't get
> the master-volume/treble/bass mixer channels)

i've never had any problems at all with this issue.  i use aumix -L at
bootup and it reads the settings from /etc/aumixrc.
--