Re: Galeon, travelocity, and javascript?

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 13:11, Daniel Katz wrote:
> I've been using Galeon as my day to day web browser and like it a
> lot.  However, I've had a nagging problem with certain sites like
> Travelocity.  In particular, when I try to log into my travelocity
> user account, the "Log In" button simply doesn't react at all.  In
> Netscape 4.77, however, it is a fully functioning javascript button.

Try going to the Tools | Javscript console menu.  This should pop up  a
javascript console window that will display all Javascript error on the
page.  Try logging in and see if errors show up when you press the login
button.

I found one ebay page with the same problem.  It's basically a
javascript bug in the page, and the only way to get it to work is have
them fix it.  The site probably uses some non-W3C standard.  Too many
web developers don't test their pages with the new browsers.  They just
assume IE or Netscape 4.7.

--
Marc
http://www.matwreck.org/marc