Re: geting lm-sensors working

Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com> writes:
SB> I'm building my kernels (2.4.16) using kenrel-package. The lm-sensors
SB> package says that I should build the modules for lm-sensors from it's
SB> source. Is this correct, or should I use the ones in the kernel tree?

There are actually two parts to the kernel-level drivers for
lm-sensors, the lm-sensors drivers and the i2c drivers.  The
lm-sensors Web site says that kernels 2.4.13 and newer come with
i2c-2.6.1 in the kernel source, so you should be able to build i2c
drivers from the kernel source if you really want to.  (Versions of
lm-sensors older than the current unstable version will complain if
you don't have the i2c-source package installed and unpacked, though.)

In short: yes, you need to build modules out of the lm-sensors-source
package.  I'd recommend following the directions in its README.Debian
file for doing that with kernel-package.

	-- Abra Mitchell