Re: geting lm-sensors working

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 11:30:50PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
> I'm building my kernels (2.4.16) using kenrel-package. The lm-sensors
> package says that I should build the modules for lm-sensors from it's
> source. Is this correct, or should I use the ones in the kernel tree?

There aren't any in the kernel tree, so that makes the decision easy
enough. ^_^

> Is there a HOWTO on getting this working?

The documentation on the lm-sensors site is quite specific.  I'd use the
i2c package as well as the lm-sensors package.  Then it's just:

build i2c package
install i2c package
build lm-sensors package
install lm-sensors package
run 'sensors detect'
set things up to load the modules it tells you (I made an init script)

And you're done.  Rather trivial, really... lm-sensors is good software.

--
Marc Wilson
mwilson@moonkingdom.net