Re: PHP+MYSQL unable to select database

Hi.

First, please avoid cross-posting.

Try to narrow down the problem by trying from the command line client
(i.e. try to rule out PHP as source of the problem). If that doesn't
work, try the PHP list.

If you are successful, it belongs to the MySQL list (as PHP is no
longer part of the problem).

And it doesn't sound like any particular debian problem at all.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:58:51AM +0100, j.salord@publicom1010.com wrote:
> I can't select a database from a php script.

What means "i can't select"? Does it simply show no effect? Do you get
an error? Anything else?

> I've set privileges in both the user and the data base tables
> and I've done FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>
> WHY?

I cannot say, because you did not provide enough information, mainly
which error message you get (provided you got one).

You may want to have a look at the following section from the fine
manual: http://www.mysql.com/doc/A/c/Access_denied.html

If that doesn't help, don't forget to mention, what you already have
tried. And please write only to one list at a time, the one which
seems most appropriate. Thanks.

Bye,

	Benjamin.

PS: Reply-To set accordingly.