Re: /etc/init.d/rc.2 command not found....

Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> writes:

> According to Josef Oswald:
> > Checking the whole thing during boot-up I found that the error
> > message is actually:
> >
> > /etc/init.d/rc:2: command not found....
> >
> > also I have some other (linux and winXX partitions) which are mounted
> > automatically during boot up, and I get a error to check it
> > manually... fsck or similar...
>
> Can you edit /etc/init.d/rc and put a
>
> set -x

I did it and here are the results:

INIT : Entering runlevel :2
+ trap : INT QUIT TSTP
+stty onlcr
+ runlevel=2
+ '[' 2 '!=' ' ' ]'

+export runlevels previos
+ '[' -d  /etc/rc2.d ']'
Sevral lines that look like the above than:

The first startup call
+startup /etc/rc2.d/S10ipchains
+ ´[` N '!=' N  ´]´
+ startup /etc/rc2d/S10ipchains
+2 /etc/rcd.2/S10ipchains start

and then all other startup-call have the same line:
/etc/init.d/rc: 2 command not found

if set -x could be redirected to a file to get its exact contents
would be great :-)

could this whole mess be created because the installation is sid and
_not_ woody?

> It sounds like /bin/sh is doing something weird.. where does
> /bin/sh point to?

it points to /bin/bash

> Mike.

thanks :-)