/etc/init.d/rc.2 command not found....

HI:-)

The Problem I run into after I installed a HPT370 driven Card, details
can be found in my other post (HPT370 and other problems), I had to
install a new Kernel with umda-100 patched with A. Hedrick, I got
that Kernel and installed it without installing the drivers..
Only later did I install those drivers..

The Problem now is that, during boot up I get a error-message
/etc/init.d/rc.2 Command not found and I can only login as root,

and than the next Message:
Boot-process still running please wait

Being a newbie I don't even know where to look for an answer...

Can some kind soul please give me some hints, since I really loved
Debian (just realized why I switched from Caldera 2.4 eDesktop still
using it as my backup OS) to Debian....:-)

Thanks :-)
--
LinuxUser aka Josef Oswald linux.os@chello.at
registered-linux-user # 134.818 at http://counter.li.org