Re: mutt and urlview oddity (alternatives)

* Steve Cooper (stevencooper@isomedia.com) [Dec 10. 2001 00:14]:

> FWIW - I find mhonarc (Sid package) to be a better alternative to
> urlview.  With it I load the entire email with click-able links into my
> favorite browser.  Gives me a lot more context for selecting links to
> see the whole email.  The following .muttrc macros give me this
> functionality:

I'm familiar with mhonarc, but it seems like a whole lot of code just to
view URLs embedded in email. :-D

Seriously, if I can't figure out what's wrong with urlview, I may just
install mhonarc.

But then again..

The problem seems to be with the pipe | in the macro. For some reason,
_something_ won't let me use a pipe in my mutt config.

For example, I can do this:

macro pager \cb "!perl -MCPAN -e shell;\n"

And that works. So it's not a freaky conflict or anything with that
key-combo/xterm/whatever. :-\

--
 -Brian Clark